Apr 27, 2018

Man without arms shares inspiration, says I don’t have hands, but my brain is not disabled

The 24-year-old decided he was not going to let his disability get him down and he is going to help others - So, the young man from Dididi, just outside Thohoyandou in Limpopo, started the Vhumatshelo Hashu organisation The organisation aims to empower young people in his community, with or without a disability, Daily Sun reported. Mathabi founded the organisation in March last year, and has since helped young people in the Vhembe district achieve their dreams. 

He said: “I don’t have hands, but my brain is not disabled and I lead a normal life like any other person. I can look after myself, do my school work, use a computer and even write using my feet."


“I started this organisation not for the disabled but for all youth. We are doing our bit in empowering young people." Mathabi, who studied marketing at the Vhembe FET College, since they started, visited several schools to motivate the youth. 

"Our most recent project was career guidance where we invited local colleges to come and interact with the youth.” Mathabi said he wanted to show other people a disability does not have to limit you- anything is possible through dedication and hard work.

He said: “My message to the youth is that they stay focused and think positively.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protest against face-mask in London

Hundreds of anti-mask activists have marched on London’s Hyde Park wearing plague doctor costumes to protest against compul...